- Origin: Mainland China
- DIY Supplies: ELECTRICAL
The mall specializes in producing and selling high-purity experimental products for "scientific research institutes, universities and other" scientific research institutions and laboratories. For experiments, we should buy high-cost and high-purity products instead of low-cost and low-purity products. We should buy according to the actual use. Although the purity of industrial products looks the same. Low purity industrial products should be avoided from entering the laboratory, which will affect the accuracy of experimental results.
Wood core= copper sulfate electrode wood wetted.
Ceramic core= copper sulfate electrode ceramic wetted.
Product Name: copper sulfate electrode.
Product specification: wooden plug core, ceramic core.
1. Usage: Portable copper sulfate reference electrode is suitable for field use. It is mainly used to measure the natural potential and cathodic protection potential of underground metal pipelines, the stray current in soil, and the potential of cable metal sheath and reinforcement in concrete. The electrode can be used as a reference electrode for controlling potential in impressed current cathodic protection system where the soil is sticky. It can be used in all kinds of soil and fresh water.
2. Structural performance
(1) The electrode is small and easy to carry. The cavity is composed of transparent nylon rod, which is convenient to observe the saturation of the internal copper sulfate solution.
(2) The electrode potential is stable and the electrode is not easy to polarize.
(3) The electrode has a long service life. The electrode cap is connected with the electrode cavity with a screw mouth, and the solution filling is convenient. One time infusion can be used for more than one year.
(4) The electrode structure is firm, the joint is corrosion-resistant, the leakage rate of microporous membrane is appropriate, and there is no visible liquid flow. It can be placed in the pocket.
3. Use and maintenance of copper sulfate reference electrode
First, keep the surface of the reference electrode clean. When not in use, cover the porous plug with a plastic bag or rubber cap to avoid contamination. Then, replace the copper sulfate inside regularly, and clean the rod with non-metallic abrasive materials; For example, use silica sandpaper instead of alumina sandpaper to clean the copper bar. If the solution becomes turbid, pour it out and replace it with a new copper sulfate solution. Ensure that there are still undissolved crystals in the solution; This saturated copper sulfate solution can prevent copper corrosion, thus making the electrode stable. In the polluted environment, the electrode shall be maintained after use. Contamination by chlorinated compounds can alter chemical reactions. When the concentration is 5ppt, the reference potential becomes a mixed potential with a deviation of -20mv, and when the concentration is 100ppt, the deviation reaches -95mv. During the construction of cathodic protection project, a reference electrode shall be prepared for standby. If the electrode is lost, another reference electrode can be used to continue working.
When the reference electrode is used on site, another new electrode shall be prepared to calibrate whether the electrode used on site is accurate. However, when there is more than 5mv between the value measured by the calibration electrode and the value measured by the reference electrode being used on site, it is necessary to clean the electrode used on the construction site.
Because the temperature and sunlight exposure in the construction environment are different, it is necessary to correct the change of potential. It is necessary to record the temperature while reading the value of the reference electrode. When the reference temperature value used is higher or lower than the actual temperature value, the temperature correction value of 0.5mv/ ° f or 0.9mv/ ° C must be added or subtracted during recording.
During the measurement with reference electrode, it is necessary to shield the electrode to avoid direct sunlight. Black tape can be used to cover the transparent part on one side of the electrode. The value measured by the reference electrode varies with the degree of sunlight exposure. The potential of the reference electrode in a good sunlight exposure environment is 10 to 50mV higher than that in a dark place without sunlight.
In a special environment, the reference electrode should also be of different types according to different environments. For example, the special reference electrode on the inner wall of the tank is used to measure the cathodic protection potential in the inner wall of the tank or other aqueous media. The structure of the special reference electrode is to fix the pure zinc rod in a porous non-metallic shell to ensure that the electrode does not have direct contact with the protected equipment. The potential of the special reference electrode on the inner wall of the storage tank is in the sleeve to avoid direct contact with the tank wall. The electrode potential is -1.10v CSE, the potential is stable, the drift or polarization is less than 5%, and the structural protection potential should be less than +0.25v. The main components of the special reference electrode for the inner wall of the storage tank are: A1 is less than 0.005%, CD is less than 0.003%, Fe is less than 0.0014%, Cu is less than 0.002%, Pb is less than 0.003%, and Zn is the residual. 1. use of portable reference electrode: Portable copper sulfate reference electrode is suitable for field use. It is mainly used to measure the natural potential and cathodic protection potential of underground metal pipelines, the stray current in soil, and the potential of cable metal sheath and reinforcement in concrete. The electrode can be used as a reference electrode for controlling potential in impressed current cathodic protection system where the soil is sticky. It can be used in all kinds of soil and fresh water.